WSCA Professional Development (WSCA members receive free clock hours at all WSCA sponsored events)
Implementing the Washington Comprehensive School Counseling Model ESD 114, Bremerton, January 12, 2018. Click here to register
Implementing the Washington Comprehensive School Counseling Model ESD 105, Yakima, February 6, 2018. Click here to register
WSCA 2018 Conference click here for more information
School Counselor 3-Part Webinars Series
WSCA and OSPI are collaborating for a 3-part webinar series to help school counselors utilize up-to-date resources. The purpose of these webinars is share information and tools for defining the role of a school counselor and for comprehensive school counseling program development. Webinars are 11:30 – 12:30.
October 26: “New State Counseling and Guidance Model Implementation” view ppt
November 15: “School Counseling Evaluation Framework” view ppt
December 7: “Introduction to the WA Counselor Model and ASCA Model for School Counseling Program Development”
- Utilize up-to-date resources
- Share information and tools
- Defining the role of a school counselor
- Comprehensive school counseling program development
The professional development opportunities listed On the toolbar are intended to assist school counselors in their efforts to better address children's academic, social/emotional and career development needs.The WSCA, professional devleopment opportunities and other resources listed here are not exhaustive, nor is their inclusion intended as an endorsement by the Washingon School Counselor Association.
Request a district consultant in the ASCA National Model. We have resources to provide district trainings specifically tailored to your needs. Please click here or contact Chris Kelly to set up a training
WSCA Professional Development (WSCA members receive free clock hours at all WSCA sponsored events).
- Request a district consultant in the ASCA National Model. We have resources to provide district trainings specifically tailored to your needs.
- Yoga Calm workshops:Â Yoga Calm is an innovative child education method that reduces stress, improves self-control, and develops social/emotional skills. It's good for children and you too! Workshops qualify for graduate credits, CEU, and clock hours through Portland State University, NBCC, and the WSCA.
- Subscribers of "Professional School Counseling can earn CEUs for reading journal articles and passing a short online quiz about the material. Articles are worth up to 0.1 CEUs, and an entire journal will earn you approximately 1.0 CEUs. ASCA is an IACET-Authorized Provider of CEUs. There will be a small fee for the CEUs. For more information log onto the journal section of ASCA
- The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, National Board Certification for School Counseling
- The National Board for Certified Counselors
- Dependable Strengths training available. Dependable Strengths is a unique research-based process proven to increase self-esteem, motivation, and interest in learning for people of all ages.
- Click here for ASCA's list of State-level SCA conferences