WSCA Professional Development (WSCA members receive free clock hours at all WSCA sponsored events)
Using the NEW Washington State Counseling Model
Friday, October 13th
8:15AM to 3:15PM
Fort Vancouver High School Commons (600)
5700 E 18th St, Vancouver, WA 98661
Registration is free
The professional development opportunities listed On the toolbar are intended to assist school counselors in their efforts to better address children's academic, social/emotional and career development needs.The WSCA, professional devleopment opportunities and other resources listed here are not exhaustive, nor is their inclusion intended as an endorsement by the Washingon School Counselor Association.
Request a district consultant in the ASCA National Model. We have resources to provide district trainings specifically tailored to your needs. Please click here or contact Chris Kelly to set up a training
WSCA Professional Development (WSCA members receive free clock hours at all WSCA sponsored events).
- Request a district consultant in the ASCA National Model. We have resources to provide district trainings specifically tailored to your needs.
- Yoga Calm workshops:Â Yoga Calm is an innovative child education method that reduces stress, improves self-control, and develops social/emotional skills. It's good for children and you too! Workshops qualify for graduate credits, CEU, and clock hours through Portland State University, NBCC, and the WSCA.
- Subscribers of "Professional School Counseling can earn CEUs for reading journal articles and passing a short online quiz about the material. Articles are worth up to 0.1 CEUs, and an entire journal will earn you approximately 1.0 CEUs. ASCA is an IACET-Authorized Provider of CEUs. There will be a small fee for the CEUs. For more information log onto the journal section of ASCA
- The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, National Board Certification for School Counseling
- The National Board for Certified Counselors
- Dependable Strengths training available. Dependable Strengths is a unique research-based process proven to increase self-esteem, motivation, and interest in learning for people of all ages.
- Click here for ASCA's list of State-level SCA conferences