Certification, Graduate Schools, & PEAB

Want to know how to become a Professional School Counselor? Click here to see OSPI's general requirements for Educational Staff Associate certification, or here for specific requirements for the ESA School Counselor certification. 

Professional School Counselors

  • For information about certification through NBCC, go here.
  • For information about certification through NBPTS, go here.
  • Guide to National Board Certification click here.


School Counseling Programs

For more information about School Counseling programs in the state of Washington, click here. 

Professional Education Advisory Boards (PEAB)

WSCA members sit on Boards for various graduate programs in School Counseling. If you are a University needing an appointment letter, please click here to request a letter.

Please note: In order for WSCA to approve the appointment, the school counselor must be a current WSCA Member. 

© 2023 Washington School Counselor Association

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software